Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bailout or bad business?

I've been inspired to blog about our countries status by the lblog of the leader of the company that I work for, Restek. To mirror what he shared .....

He posed the question to us, "Is anyone else concerned about the $876 Bazillion “stimulus” package that our government just passed? I know I am.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced. The arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn’t want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero, Rome 55 BC

I find it interesting that over 2,000 years ago leading thinkers were concerned about the same type of things that we’re seeing in today’s government and society. The bottom line is that there is no “bailout”. Our results are based on our efforts to create positive change and accept personal accountability for our actions."

WOW <---- this is my only contribution

2 comments:

Naomi Elle Schwartz said...

Yay for paragraphs! :) lol

Brian said...

See? Constructive Criticism is good! =D